Tuesday 9 September 2008

I'm alliiiiiiiive

Well hullo thurr.

I had a great summer and I'm feeling so much better. I have been pretty busy and I haven't really looked too much at anything which reminds me of how I felt a few months ago, (which is why I haven't been on this blog), I guess I was a bit worried it would trigger a relapse.

My girls are back to school now and John is working from home on a contract project (don't ask me what he is doing 'cos I haven't a clue). It's been great having him around though, I thought he would get on my nerves after a while but it's reminded me what great company he is and how much fun we have together...and no we aren't romping in the bed all day (much to his disappointment) :D It's just nice to spend time together with no demanding children around, and we appreciate them so much more when they come home from school as well.

So all is good in the hood (so they say in the hood, not that I live in the hood).

I'm still on the Prozac and I feel great, I actually enjoy doing things now. I didn't realise how low I was before but now in hindsight I know I was, for a long time...even before the anxiety kicked in again, I got no pleasure out of anything - I felt very flat and bored with life but I was trying not to think about it.

I'm not sure what the future holds with regards to these tablets, I would happily stay on them for ever but I guess that they would lose effectiveness after a while, so I suppose I will probably do what I did last time and come off then after about 6-8 mths. Will see how things go.

I will pop on here from time to time for a rant and an update. I hope you are all well reading this.

Big virtual hugs to you all
Love Jo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good to hear!

Sarah♥ said...

Hi there..

Wonderful to hear you're doing so well. LONG may it last :)

x

Robert said...

I'd like to echo Sarah's comments. You give us all hope!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo,

I´m very glad to hear your good news :-)

All posts written by you could be written by me, too. There would be no difference, unless I´m ... uhm... about 20 years older than you. I was (and still am now and then) suffering from the same "crap" like you. It´s like being in "hell on earth", I know. But you will survive ... with a little help from your family, and a little help from pills - mother´s little helpers, ya know? :-)) But that´s quite okay, one should grab every help one can get. Oooh, and laugh ... laugh as often you can, it helps a lot! :-)

You did it right, and you´re still doing it right. Don´t fight against the anxiety/panic, accept it as a part of your life, of yourself. Even when you are down and out you are a wonderful mother. Don´t worry your kiddies could have bad memories `cause "Mommy was always sick". I asked my son (he`s 31) a few days ago if he can remember those bad times when we had to stay at home, those times when I was just sitting around, or couldn´t even go out of bed. He was perplexed. Then he said, "No, all I remember is the things we did together like our bicycle trips, and how much fun we had. I didn´t miss a thing, `cause you have been there for me, always." Well, after this reply it was my turn to be perplexed :-)

You are a good mother, a good wife. You are a great woman, Jo, and a strong woman! Don`t forget to be just "you" from time to time :-)

Best wishes,
Hazel Homewood aka FabHazel ;-)