Tuesday 15 July 2008

Animal Hospital

Day 17 on Fluoxetine

I felt pretty rough this morning, my sinuses hurt and I was sooo tired, not sure if it was the few glasses of wine I had yesterday or just one of those things. Anyhoo, because of this I felt a bit more anxious today.

It wasn't a good start to the day when a screaming Josie ran into my room to say that the cat had got a bird and it was flying around the kitchen. I went down and found our serial killer cat, Chester, eyeball to eyeball with this tiny bird on the kitchen floor. He was having fun tormenting it, so Josie dragged him away and I picked up this terrified little bird in a tea towel.

It didn't look injured but it was completely stunned, I didn't want to release it outside straight away so we popped it into a shoe box and put it in the spare room with the wounded guineau pig (see yesterday's post), which is still alive. It's like animal hospital in there.

About an hour later I went back in the room and the bird started flying about, I thought "how the frick am I going to catch it?", but it flew into the window and stunned itself again -and pooped all over the windowsill. I gathered it up in the tea towel again and released it out of the window...it flew away to freedom...YAY! I hope it will be ok.

The girls had Jungle gym again this afternoon and J had tennis, so Chester the serial killer settled himself on my lap and we dozed for an hour - it was looovely.

My mood brightened so much after that nap, and I was happy mummy again when the girls came home.

J and I spent the evening watching The Day After Tomorrow - which is not a film to watch if you are feeling in any way anxious, but I enjoyed it anyway.

No comments: