Friday 4 July 2008

What's goin' on 'ere then?

Day 5 on Fluoxetine

It's 9am, I woke up this morning and didn't have such a feeling of dread and sense of impending doom, I was slightly apprehensive about getting out of bed incase it hit me then, but no. I feel almost normal, not tired, not sick, not achey, not scared - slightly floaty but it's quite nice (the meds?)

Have I turned a corner? I know that this is a slow process and I'll have good and not so good days (I'm not saying the 'b' word - its not part of my vocab any more), I'm going to make the most of feeling good today.

I'm trying not to have the OCD thoughts, constantly checking how I am feeling, it's like picking at a scab and I am a true scab picker.

J and I are going to have a Pimms afternoon and watch Wimbledon, even though I'm not bothered too much about tennis, I'm liking the Pimms idea - maybe I might venture into SL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear! And even if it is just for today, shows you can still have "normal" days, because when you're in the depths of things, sometimes it feels things'll never be normal again. Sounds like you got a good plan - enjoy today, take tomorrow how it comes.

Ashia Tomsen said...

If you do show up, can't wait to see you. If not,I know it's cos Pimms and Wimbledon are soooo much more interesting!! Enjoy the little shtuff, like Efe said, tomorrow will come, take it how it comes, and enjoy the now. Loves ya like woa
<33

Sarah♥ said...

Hi..
Just read through your posts and the one thing that hit home most of all is that like you, even though my son's school is 2 minutes away (by foot), somedays, it may as well be another country!

Have a good day :)

Sarah♥

Jo said...

YAY! I am now officially full of booze and strawberry's and prozac - wooooh!

Good combo now, bad combo later, but who cares LOL!

Jo said...

Hi Sarah, thanks for visiting :D

Yeah, the 2 minute walk of hell, 'will I survive the journey?' type angst. We know in our mind it's ridiculous, but something else manages to convince us otherwise. Sooo frustrating!