Monday 14 July 2008

It's been interesting...

Such a gorgeous day today!

When we returned from our trip to my parents house the girls went to Jungle Gymnastics, J had a meeting and I played on Second Life for an hour - shoulda gone outside and enjoyed the sunshine, but honestly, it was too hot (did I just say that?).

When J got back we went to pick the girls up from their gym, then we went to the shoe shop and got the girls some shoes and trainers, then to Sainsbury's for BBQ stuff. No stress at all, J reckons that I'm fine as long as I'm spending over £100 a day. (LOL! He could be right)

Had a very sociable time in the garden chatting with the neighbours, our kids rampaging around with the neighbours kids, all visiting eachothers gardens, glass of wine or two - really good fun, I felt like ME again!

Bit of a disaster happened though. J moved Sui's (our guinea pig's) run across the grass with Sui in it and something has injured her, she looks like she has been sliced across the neck with something, really huge open wounds.

I did my animal hospital bit and cleaned up her neck with Savlon disinfectant spray - I hope that's ok to use on guineau pigs - it's fine for kids anyway! I've put her into the indoor cage in the spare room with some clean bedding and I'm hoping that she wills survive the night, she's in a really bad way, if she doesn't die of the wounds the shock might kill her - poor Sui!

Fingers crossed she makes it through the night and we'll take her to the vet tomorrow, watch this space....

1 comment:

Cheshirecat said...

you are required to take your animal to a vet in this kind of scenario
or you can be charged by the RSPCA, just for future reference